Indian Head Massage has been practiced in India for over 1000 years. Traditionally the techniques were restricted to the head and hair, to improve scalp and hair condition of Indian women. Nowadays a system incorporating the upper back, shoulders, neck, upper arms and face, has evolved (developed by Norendra Mehta) in the belief that these are important energy centre's in the body and by treating these the whole body can benefit.
The massage is given seated and can be given with or without the use of oils or creams
Benefits and Effects
Indian Head Massage is a therapeutic treatment that can provide instant relief from tension and stress symptoms, promote high levels of alertness and concentration. provide relief from aches and pains, promote a healthy scalp and hair, and help bring about deep relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Other physical and psychological benefits include:
- General and specific relaxation of muscles, providing immediate relief.
- Fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules) can be broken down.
- Loosening of the scalp.
- Relaxation of the whole body.
- Dispersal of toxins from tense, knotted muscles
- Improved circulation of blood and increased oxygen uptake.
- Stimulation and improvement of the circulation of the lymphatic system.
- Help in the relief of eyestrain and tension headaches.
- Excellent for disturbed sleep and insomnia
- Help with mental tiredness and tension.
- Improved concentration.
- Relief from mental and emotional stress.
At The Human Touch Indian Head Massage is provided by Michele. She has many years experience in supporting people with mental health issues (in particular with bi polar disorder, depression and schizophrenia). For an appointment with Michele call on 07769214533
The cost of a treatment with a Human Touch practitioner
At The Human Touch we aim to keep our cost affordable. We have a concessions category which is based on your income. If your income is £10,000 a year or less you pay the concession price, if it is above that you pay the full price. Our concessions include unemployed, self employed and part time employed people, carers, students and retired people. The cost of the treatment is dependent on the amount of time spent with the practitioner. If you book for an hour and then because of your individual needs the treatment runs into extra time you will be charged per every 15 minutes extra. Treatment costs are 30 minutes £15 or £10 for concessions One hour treatment £30 or £20 for concessions