History of Indian Head Massage
The word 'massage' derives from the Arabic 'mass', meaning to press softly. As an art, massage must be as old as man himself- to rub an injured part is an instinctive reaction to pain. The importance of massage featured regularly in the earliest Ayurvedic * texts, dating back almost 4000 years. Massage has always played an important part in Indian family life, praised for its therapeutic benefits and believed to maintain good health and longevity
Definition of Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is an Ayurvedic massage therapy in which the upper-back, arms, head, neck and face are massaged with or without the use of oils using a range of massage techniques.
The goal is to clear blocks in the meridians (energy channels) that cause a build-up of negative energy that are purported to cause ailments. The belief is that when the energy does not flow properly, negative energy builds up, causing common ailments, including stress and pain.
Indian head massage stimulates the nerves from the head area. This helps you to relax which, in turn, improves mental and physical health. It also increases circulation, exfoliates the scalp and nourishes the hair.
Working on the shoulders, neck, upper arms, scalp and face affects the skin, muscles, blood vessels and lymphatics and can produce some of the following effects:
- Dissipation of tension throughout the entire body.
- Relaxation of specific, tense muscles.
- Improvement in blood and lymphatic circulation, promoting swift removal of toxins from the body
- Improvement in joint movement.
- Promotion of healthy hair growth.
- Relief from headache, eye strain, sinusitis, jaw ache & tinitus.
- Improvement in quality of sleep.
Non-verbal communication such as massage is a powerful tool and can produce some psychological benefits including:
- Reduction in emotional anxiety and stress.
- Feelings of well-being.
- Smoothing effect on the sensory nerve endings in the skin, resulting in feelings of reassurance.
- Promotion of a sense of calmness and tranquility.
- Relief from depression.
- Feelings of rejuvenation
Indian Head Massage at The Human Touch with Michele
Indian Head Massage at The Human Touch is with Michele in Shoreham by Sea
- One hour £30/£20 for concessions
- 90 minutes £45/£30 for concessions